Monday, May 11, 2009

"Mothers are angels"

I am not what one would call an angel but I sure love my kids.


I love my mom!!!



Cole is very picky about giving kisses so I had to take pictures.




Grandpa and dad bust up because Cole's kiss was a slobbery one.



Grandpa knows what's coming!


Cole loves his grandpa so much. He walks around saying, "Papa, Papa, Papa."

Just chillin' on Grandpa.



Grandpa put the kids to work while they played. They were picking weeds.



I think Cole is cheering for his sisters and their successful weed pulling.






Action photo of Cole running away from grandpa, "the task master."


Grandpa works along with them. Too bad he had leg cramps all that night, I can see why.





Grandma and Coley seem to be supervising. That must be why he is smiling so big.












I love that Calli is shakin' it and Grandpa and Cassideen are looking at each other. The water was cold but the girls still braved it.


I love this picture!




Who could get mad at that face?




Mike took us up north for Mother's Day so I could be with my mom. We got there Saturday afternoon and the kids played in the sprinklers and puddles....luckily the weekend before I had left their swimming suits with my mom on accident. Then my parents took us out for delicious Mexican food. I even saved room for fried ice cream and an apple chimichanga. After dinner my mom and I went to the movie theater while the guys tucked the kids in. We didn't get home until really late and I was sooooo tired. We had to wake up early for 8:30 church....who has 8:30 AM church?????? There was a YM who gave a really good talk on mothers and showing them respect. He also mentioned at one point that mothers are angels. The meeting was wonderful until Cole snuck away to 2 rows ahead of us. That wouldn't be so bad if he didn't then proceed to stick his entire hand under a man's bum cheeks (we were seated in the cultural halls on fold-up chairs). I was so embarrased and angry (not to mention bright red and fuming) that I grabbed him and took him outside. I must've had some hormones going on because I just started crying. I let Cole run around (he was barefoot...great mom I am) outside while I got myself together. I tried thinking of how funny this story will be years down the road. And then I thought that Mike will think it's funny but I will always be miffed and mortified. I'm starting to see the humor in it. Things were a little rocky after that but eventually the day turned into what I expected it to be. My mom made some delicious Mexican food and to top it off she even made fried ice cream. I am lucky to have such a loving mom. I really need to lower my expectations for the next Mother's Day...then it'll be surprisingly joyful. Did any of you Moms have a day full of surprisingly joyful experiences? I hope so 'cause Moms sure deserve it.

8 comments:

Nettie said...

Your kids are just so cute Collette. I can't believe how big Cole is. And Marlee would LOVE Cassideen's swimming suit...she LOVES Ariel. You look so great. I'm so proud of how you're taking care of yourself and staying so trim. I can't wait to get rid of all my baby fat. All in good time right? We need to get together sometime, I miss you!

kh said...

Oh Collette! While your sacrament experience is quite humorous (to the reader) I can totally relate! Kaari did the same thing on Mothers Day Sunday too! I was a single parent that day, since Mike was speaking (and enjoying the P&Q from the stand I don't doubt!) So once I took her out, I started crying too! What is up with that! I felt so bad for something so silly. I guess it was just a stressful day, who knows.

Those pics of your dad and kids are indeed SO CUTE. Little Calli cracks me up, she's so much like her momma! I love seeing all your kids!

Lynette said...

Collette,

I remember having great expectations on mother's day and when they didn't happen I was so disapointed. I have learned through the years to not expect anything and wow when even 1 simple thing is done I am so happy. I love the pictures of Quinn and the kids. I teared up to see that he is a great grandpa. Happy mother's day to you. Wow I am so proud of Kathy and you with your races.
Love,
Aunt Lynette M.

Apryl May said...

How cute!!! I loved all the pictures, especially of the one with your dad bending down, that was precious!

Love you!
Update your page with my new blog.
http://according2april.blogspot.com
hopefully you got my email update. miss you

Dawn said...

Ok, so that was kind of funny, but I probably would have ripped my kid out of there too! Sorry it wasn't so great, but I've started gaging my mother's day if I didn't get puked on. That happened on my 3rd mother's day, so this year was great, no puke! And by the way, I'm working at home again, no more drama, (I'll tell you all about it later) but I'm up for a trade!!

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

It's so amazing how much your girls are like you! Brings back good memories! You look great! I love the brown dress! Your dad looks like an awesome grandpa!

Michelle said...

ahhhh Collettey! You are a good mom. And that is a funny story to talk about down the road! You crack me up! I probably would have been embarrassed and upset and went outside to cry too! Love you guys and miss you tons!

Hale Yes!! said...

I love the pictures of your dad and the girls. Those are priceless!! I am so sorry about your experience with Cole. It would be so embarassing and I would have been ticked as well, but I am not going to lie. . . as I read it as an outsider, it is hilarious!! It sounds like one of Allison's embarassing moments with her boys!!