Tuesday, March 25, 2008

San Diego























In the beginning of March we went to San Diego for 6 days. We had so much fun, even though the kids had pink eye for the first couple of days. We spent 5 days going to Sea World, about 17 hours. I know, some of you are wondering how we survived. I love Sea World but I don't mind if we don't go again for a couple of years. We bought a fun card which is for the price of one day you get admission for the entire year. By saving all that money we were able to buy a couple of extra stuffed animals (which we don't really need, but they are so darn cute) and eat some expensive fast food at Sea World. But it was all worth it.


We also spent part of 2 days at the beach. One day we were at a dog beach and only figured it out after encountering a hundred dogs and a few poops. We made sure to find a people beach after that day. The girls loved the ocean and had so much fun with the waves hitting them. They could've played in the sand for hours.


The highlight of our traveling to California (on an old highway....thanks to mapquest) was when we saw 8-10 Mexicans roll under a barbed-wire fence and hop into a car that was waiting for them. How they did this we'll never know (as we had seen 20-30 border patrol cars driving past us on that highway.) We weren't sure what to think but figured we'd probably never see anything like it again.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Wow, what an adventurous trip! Sounds like fun. Even the rolling Mexicans! Good for you guys. Your kids are so darn cute!

nymanzanita said...

How funny....it sounds like you had a fun trip. I miss those great family trips to California to play in the sun on the beach and hit the amusement parks, etc. I am still wearing my big winter coat here in NY....ugh!

Cossebooms said...

That's so funny! I hate mapquest. I have learned that they don't give the best directions. But hey, you saw something you probably won't see again.

Lucia said...

You're family is so cute! Hey I'm planning for the 10k up there in November! Are you running it?