Sunday, August 3, 2008

100th birthday party!!!

My Great Grandpa Burdick is turning 100! We went to a big birthday celebration in honor of him. My cousin Melissa and her sister Liz are some of my favorite people. Right before this picture they laid big kisses on Great Grandpa for a picture. I'm surprised he didn't turn 10 shades of red.
Three generations of Burdick men. Front row: Uncle Rob, Great Grandpa, Grandpa, Uncle Russ; Back row: Uncle Marty, Uncle Brian, my dad Quinn
My grandparents had 10 kids-5 boys, 5 girls. Of the 10 children 7 were able to make it to the celebration.
Some of my best friends/cousins were there-Missa, and Allie

Sistas! Liz, Missa, Sian
My grandpa's family outnumbered all of his other siblings' families to celebrate his father's birthday. I'm so glad we could all make the trip to honor Great Grandpa.
The girls with the Great Great Grandpa.
Great Grandpa doesn't even look a day over 70! He looks great!

It's not very often that five generations get to be together so we took lots of shots.
Calli had a very hard time meeting Great Grandpa. She wouldn't even make eye contact.
Aunt Jeanine spoiled the girls-Calli, Cassideen, Arwen (Melissa's girl).
All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins stayed in the same hotel. The first night we stayed up late playing games and visiting. The next day we went to a park and let the kids burn some energy on the slides instead of jumping on hotel beds. Most of them went swimming afterward but we stayed in the hotel. Aunt Jeanine was getting votes for favorite Aunt by handing out treats and goodies to our kids.
Can you see the resemblance? Calli looks so much like my sister Tara and my Aunt Jeanine. People have said, "She is a Burdick, no doubt about it!"
Cole chillin' with Aunt Melissa.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy that you took lots of pictures. How special to have 5 generations sitting together and you have the picture to remember too. I'm so very jealous. It sounds like you had an amazing time. I will call you later so you can fill me in on the exciting week you had. love ya

Lynette said...

I am so glad that you have already posted the pictures. I am sad that I missed it. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Love,
Aunt Lynette Mulleneaux

Hale Yes!! said...

Collette you are so awesome!! I need to post about this too, but I am slacking. You have some really good pictures and I am going to have to get some of them from you! We had so much fun with you guys and I am so glad that you were there too!! I love you and hopefully we will see you again really soon!!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Oh...this trip was so much fun!!! I wish we could do a Burdick reunion sometime! I haven't seen some of the cousins forever! Love you Collette! It was so good to see you all!!

Steph said...

It was awesome to see everyone at the party! We miss you guys!

Lucia said...

I love your pic's I can't beleive you have that meany generations alive! wow.

jordan and tyrell said...

it's fun to see pictures of all the burdick girls and your cute kids. we missed you guys at the reunion.