I made this the other day and it was a big hit with my kids (especially since I added the chocolate chips, but it's still very tasty without them). And there's some good nutritional value in it!!!! I've even added milk to it and ate it like cereal. You can top yogurt, cereal, etc. with it.
Granola
3 C oatmeal
1 C sliced almonds
1 C cashews
3/4 C coconut
1/4 C Brown sugar + 2 TBS
1/4 C Maple Syrup + 2 TBS (The real stuff at Fry's cost about $7)
1/4 C oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
3/4 tsp salt
1 C raisens
1 C chocolate chips (opt.)
250 degrees 1 hr. 15 mins
Combine all ingredients except raisens and chocolate chips, bake for 1 hr. 15 mins, stirring every 15 mins. When done add raisens and chocolate chips. When I added my chips the mixture wasn't all the way cooled so the chips melted and held the granola together....nice, but it was a huge mess.
Store in airtight container.
Granola
3 C oatmeal
1 C sliced almonds
1 C cashews
3/4 C coconut
1/4 C Brown sugar + 2 TBS
1/4 C Maple Syrup + 2 TBS (The real stuff at Fry's cost about $7)
1/4 C oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
3/4 tsp salt
1 C raisens
1 C chocolate chips (opt.)
250 degrees 1 hr. 15 mins
Combine all ingredients except raisens and chocolate chips, bake for 1 hr. 15 mins, stirring every 15 mins. When done add raisens and chocolate chips. When I added my chips the mixture wasn't all the way cooled so the chips melted and held the granola together....nice, but it was a huge mess.
Store in airtight container.

1 comment:
mmm...that does sound good. Jason and I love granola, so I'll have to try this sometime!
Post a Comment