I have memories of working in Grandpa's corn field, picking weeds, and later shucking corn. He has been a great teacher of hard work and responsibility. One other memory is one that I don't always think fondly of but it shows how determined and persistent he was; qualities I admire and see in my own kids. Saturday mornings he would come to our door when everyone was still sleeping (probably 6 or 6:30 AM). He would knock and ring the doorbell (over & over & over again) until someone would finally get out of bed to answer the door. Of course we knew it was Grandpa and he just wanted to chat.
He is survived by his father, Howard L. Burdick (101), his wife, Peggy, his ten children, 42 grandchildren, and 28 great grandchildren (with 2 more great grandchildren on the way and 2 great grandchildren who preceded him in death and have been awaiting his return).









1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about his passing. He was a great man! Hope your family is doing well.
Post a Comment