Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Break

We took a trip up North to be with my parents. We invited Julie and her kids to spend a few days with us. We had lots of fun and the cousins loved being with each other. One of the days we went to the Whiting Homestead and spent the afternoon playing and picnicking there.

Mike had all of the kids get into this huge tube. They were having fun rolling around until Kendall hurt her shoulder. Mike was a little too rough and felt bad about it. So to take away the pain from her shoulder he bit her arm. :)

This is me being crazy. Many people have taken falls from this swing and broken lots of bones (I told Jordyn this and she was so scared she wouldn't even watch me). The only way to swing from this rope is to yell like Tarzan; it really helps to have a tight grip too. Calli kept saying, "YOU'RE CRAZY MOM!!!!! DO IT AGAIN! DO IT AGAIN!!!"




Jordyn and I climbed Sierra Trigo and got lost coming back down. Actually I just got turned around a little bit and Jordyn pointed out the right direction. I'm a terrible navigator.



We made it to the top without any incidents. You can see some of the Homestead cabins behind me. On the way back down Jordyn and I both slipped on some loose rocks. Nothing but a few scratches and bruises.




The 7 kids had a great time at the Homestead. They even got to see a real live cattle drive with real live cowboys. Whoa!



Lots of tire swings to play.





Look Mom! Bull riding!!!

And what's "camping" without some good junk food?

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Wow Collette! What a fun vacation! Glad you guys had a fun fall break. We had a good time in Prescott. Bummer we couldn't see ya, but maybe next time.