For the last few weeks my brother-in-law and I have been
training for this race. We decided to run the course last week so we had an idea of how
rough it would be. We didn't know it but we had our "practice run" on the wrong trail. We were not prepared for what was to come on race day. When we had our practice run I hurt my knee and took the whole week off figuring I probably wouldn't be able to run the race, I was really bummed. Finally on Tues. night I started icing it (duh!) and then stretching it. Thursday night I went to a sports therapist and there didn't seem to be anything seriously injured. I bought new shoes and a knee support and popped some pain killers. I was
ready for race day. I was
super nervous because I didn't know how I was going to do with a bum knee. Price was super nervous because it was his
first race. The course was rough (with rocks, and patches of sand). Once you thought you were past all the hills your body could handle another would
sneak up on you. I walked almost all of the hills so my time was only decent, not a personal record or anything. I didn't place in my age category but Price got third (woo-hoo!!!). Price was so
pumped (with adrenaline and endorphines) that he's going to run more races with me (yipee!).

Superhero Price
Before the race

Fake running dorks
Sprinting in to the finish line
Price ends his first race alive-that should be everyone's goal for their first race

Sunburnt, sweaty, and out-of-breath, who wouldn't want a picture post-race?

The girls wanted to run the race with me, Cassideen was really disappointed that she couldn't
Mike is so great. He comes to support me at all my races. He has to get the kids out of bed early to make it to the starting line. He's a wonderful husband!
6 comments:
WAY TO GO Cokesy! You are awesome and in great shape to do all those races. Love ya
Great job collete! Even with a bum knee.
YOU ROCK! Collette...girlfriend...you inspire me! Love Ya!
Way to go Collette! You are me hero. I really really do not like running in Prescott now that I have run down here!! We have no hills, no dirt, no sand patches and it is much easier to breath, but don't worry . . . I still plan on running the rails to trails run in November where you will surely kick my booty again!
Oh and by the way. . . you look great.
you are so awesome!!! and you look great even after running! Great job!
Good job! Now, you've got to let me know when the next one is, and I'll join you. I need a reason to get outside and run before it gets cold again.
Post a Comment